COVID-19 Update from Mathematical Sciences Semesters in Guanajuato
After careful consideration we, like so many programs across the globe, due to COVID-19, CIMAT has closed down campus to students and MSSG has moved all courses to on-line instruction. We also have sent our spring semester students back to the USA. These transitions have been intense and abrupt, however, we are grateful to have been able to work cohesively with our administration, our partnering universities and the students, to make the best decisions available to us at each in each situation. Although we are saddened by the fact that we had to cut short what was developing into a great semester, we are relieved to have our students returned safely to their home schools before the travel ban was implemented. Their safety and well-being is and will always be our first priority.
Looking forward to the near future, we have made the decision to cancel our 2020 Summer Program: Partial Differential Equations. We recognize that as a global community, we are in uncharted territory, and it is crucial for us to be both proactive and cautious. The students that would be participating in the Summer Program would be arriving the last week of May. There is great uncertainty around how Mexico will be impacted by the pandemic at that time and therefore we believe it is the best interest of our students and our faculty to cancel.
The international education community is facing exceptional challenges as a result of the pandemic. Regardless, we are committed to offering the Mathematical Sciences Semesters in Guanajuato and believe that the experiences and education available to students is of immense value. We hope to be able to offer our 2020 Fall Semester: Mathematical Tools for Modeling. We will be watching as the situation evolves and if necessary we will continue to postpone or cancel if necessary. First and foremost we look to get through the pandemic safely. Please be safe, take care and communicate any doubts or questions you might have.
Mathematical Sciences Semesters in Guanajuato (MSSG) is an international study abroad program open to students with a strong grounding in Mathematics who want to increase their knowledge of data science, modeling and partial differential equations from a comprehensive, forward-looking, and cutting-edge perspective while acquiring a solid theoretical foundation, as well as exploring the rich culture of Mexico and learning Spanish as they go in the beautiful city of Guanajuato, one of Mexico’s most fascinating tourist destinations.
The program offers:
- Fall Semester in Mathematical Tools for Modeling
- Spring Semester in Mathematical Tools for Data Science
- Summer Program in Partial Differential Equations
The program has been developed based on the strengths of CIMAT in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science, and has been designed with an integrative approach to mathematics with emphasis on applications.
This international experience offers as well optional courses in Spanish and Mexican culture, with the enriching possibility for the students of immersing themselves in the lively cultural life of Guanajuato.
In addition, Mathematical Sciences Semesters in Guanajuato offers you the following advantages:
- an up-to-date, applications-oriented curriculum;
- highly qualified faculty, with extensive experience of teaching in English;
- comfortable, modern facilities, including library, Wi-Fi, copiers, and an on-site cafeteria, all within easy reach of Guanajuato's historic centre;
- credits transferable to universities and higher education institutions around the world;
- small study groups of highly-motivated students;
- individual attention to every student who requires it;
- Spanish language and Mexican culture courses;
- competitive tuition fees, low-cost accommodation and living expenses;
- public sports center with an Olympic-size swimming pool, basketball/volleyball courts, soccer fields, gym, etc., all at very reasonable prices and just a few minutes from the CIMAT facilities.
Mathematical Sciences Semesters in Guanajuato is a wonderful opportunity for Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science students from around the world to improve their skills with some of the best academics in their fields, and to get to know Mexican culture at first hand in one of the country's most emblematic and vibrant cities.
Applications for the 2020 Fall Semester in Mathematical Tools NOW OPEN!
Click on the links below to see the details of the Mathematical Sciences Semesters course contents